Life as I see it through my window...

Life as I see it through my window...

Monday, June 13, 2011

Life and your last song....

So it's been along time since we last spoke. Know I should be writing more and letting you all know how I am doing. Went on an amazing trip to Hawaii and still haven't sat down to tell you about it. This being said, today was one of those days you really have to take a step back.

Over the weekend a girl I have known since the days at Skyline passed away. Not sure if thats the way to say it in she passed away. She was in a really bad boating accident and never made it back to us after. She isn't someone that I have talked with in years other than the common comments with facebook. With this it gets you to thinking about a lot of things. She was married with 3 kids that no longer have a mom to hold them and tell them everything is or will be okay. She even posted a picture that morning out at the lake.

Today, on my bread route, all I could do is think about what people would think and say about me. If that were me... here Saturday morning and then as you read this no longer here. No more workouts Mike. No more wishing John will call me back. No more calls from me to E on trips. No more talks for hours about nothing with my best friend. To think that everyday Katrina would have to hold Diesel and know that dads not there anymore. No more friday dinners and church with my parents.

I tried not to be morbid and think about all those things but couldn't. I guess it's one of those things that you know how much all you mean to me. How important each of you are. How I would miss each of you more then you know if that were you. But I couldn't stop thinking about what would be going through each of your minds. Would you laugh or cry at me being gone. Would you even know I'm gone. Probably shouldn't think like that because I have an amazing group of friends. Katrina tells me all the time that she can't understand ( in a good way ) how I am still friends with people I have known for 20 plus years.

My thoughts were all over the place today. More than they have been in a long time. I have memories of growning up with you. Road trips. Movies and sporting events. Vacations to places that you know God has touched with his hands. So breath taking. Concerts and shows. BBQ's and late night talks.

I guess as a final thought I would like for you to know that if you are reading this then you have had a hand in helping me, Shaping me, Pushing me, and making me.... well, be me. So many memories and wouldn't trade any of them. Just want you to know that if this were the last thing you ever read from me you know I love you. I do hope that we have many more stories to tell from the time we have got to share with each other. Love you

I think I have listed this before but this song makes me reflect and if you get a chance give it a listen.

Lighthouse and the song is Storm

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment